听力脚本 (Transcript)
**Topic 1 **
WOMAN:
JACK, I’m thinking of taking the kids to the seaside on a surfing holiday this summer and I wanted to ask your advice – as I know you’re such an expert.
杰克,我打算今年夏天带孩子们去海边玩冲浪度假,想问问你的建议 —— 毕竟你可是这方面的行家。
JACK:
Well, I don’t know about that, but yes, I’ve done a bit of surfing over the years.
不敢当啦,不过这么多年来我确实冲浪玩得不少。
:
I’d thoroughly recommend it.
我真心推荐冲浪度假。
:
I think it’s the kind of holiday all the family can enjoy together.(Q1)
这种度假方式特别适合一家人一起玩。(Q1)
:
The thing about surfing is that it’s great for all ages and all abilities.
冲浪的好处就在于,它适合各个年龄段、各种水平的人。
:
My youngest started when he was only three!
我家最小的孩子三岁就开始冲浪了!
WOMAN:
Wow! But it’s quite physically demanding, isn’t it?
哇!不过冲浪对体能要求很高吧?
:
I’ve heard you need to be pretty fit.(Q2)
我听说得身体素质很好才行。(Q2)
JACK:
Yes. You’ll certainly learn more quickly and won’t tire as easily.
是啊。体能好的话,学冲浪肯定更快,也不容易累。
WOMAN:
Well – that should be OK for us.
嗯 —— 我们应该没问题。
:
You’ve been surfing a few times in Ireland, haven’t you?
你去爱尔兰冲过几次浪,对吧?
JACK:
Yes. There’s some great surfing there, which people don’t always realise.
去过。爱尔兰的冲浪条件其实特别好,只是很多人不知道而已。
WOMAN:
And which locations would you recommend? – there seem to be quite a few.
那你推荐哪些地方呢?—— 看起来可选的还挺多。
JACK:
Yes, there are loads.
是啊,特别多。
:
Last year we went to County Donegal.
去年我们去了多尼戈尔郡。
:
There are several great places to surf there.
那里有好几处冲浪的好地方。
WOMAN:
What about in County Clare?
那克莱尔郡怎么样?
:
I read that’s also really good for surfing.
我看到资料说那里冲浪也很不错。
JACK:
Yes, it is. I’ve been there a few times.
确实不错,我去过好几次了。
:
Most people go to Lahinch. My kids love it there.
大多数人会去拉欣奇,我家孩子特别喜欢那儿。
:
The waves aren’t too challenging and the town is very lively.
那里的浪不算难冲,小镇也特别热闹。
WOMAN:
Are there good hotels there?(Q3)
那里有好的酒店吗?(Q3)
JACK:
Yes – some very nice ones and there are also a few basic hostels and campsites.
有啊 —— 有几家特别好的酒店,还有一些基础的青年旅社和露营地。
:
It’s great if you need lessons as the surf schools are excellent.
如果需要上课的话也很方便,那边的冲浪学校都特别专业。
WOMAN:
Sounds good.
听起来不错。
JACK:
Yes and there’s lots to see in the area – like those well-known cliffs – … I’ve forgotten the name of them …
而且那个地区有很多值得逛的地方 —— 比如那片很有名的悬崖 ——…… 名字我一下子想不起来了……
WOMAN:
Oh don’t worry – I can look them up.
哎呀没关系,我可以自己去查。
JACK:
I’ve also been surfing in County Mayo, which is less well-known for surfing, but we had a really good time.
我还去梅奥郡冲过浪,那里的冲浪没那么出名,但我们玩得特别开心。
:
That was a few years ago when the kids were younger.
那是几年前的事了,当时孩子们还小。
:
There’s a good surf school at Carrowniskey beach.(Q4)
卡罗恩斯基海滩有一家很不错的冲浪学校。(Q4)
WOMAN:
How do you spell that?
这个名字怎么拼?
JACK:
C-A-double R-O-W-N-I-S-K-E-Y
C-A-R-R-O-W-N-I-S-K-E-Y。
WOMAN:
OK.
好的。
JACK:
I put the kids into the surf camp they run during the summer for 10–16 year olds.
我当时给孩子们报名参加了他们夏天开的冲浪训练营,专门针对 10 到 16 岁的孩子。
WOMAN:
Oh right. How long was that for?
哦对,那个训练营是多久的?
JACK:
Three hours every day for a week.(Q5)
一周的时间,每天训练三个小时。(Q5)
:
It was perfect – they were so tired out after that.
这个时长特别合适,孩子们每次结束后都累得筋疲力尽。
WOMAN:
I can imagine.
我能想象得到。
JACK:
One thing we did while the kids were surfing was to rent some kayaks to have a look around the bay which is nearby.(Q6)
孩子们冲浪的时候,我们会租几艘皮划艇,去附近的海湾转转。(Q6)
:
It’s really beautiful.
那里的景色特别美。
WOMAN:
Oh, I’d love to do that.
哦,我也想去玩这个。
**Topic 2 **
WOMAN:
Now the only time I went to Ireland it rained practically every day.
我之前去过一次爱尔兰,几乎天天下雨。
JACK:
Mmm yes – that can be a problem – but you can surf in the rain, you know.
嗯是啊 —— 这确实是个麻烦事 —— 不过你知道吗,下雨天其实也能冲浪。
WOMAN:
It doesn’t have the same appeal, somehow.
但总觉得少了点乐趣。
JACK:
Well, the weather’s been fine the last couple of years when I’ve been there, but actually, it tends to rain more in August than in the spring or autumn.
我这两年去的时候天气都很好,不过说实话,八月份的降雨量确实比春天和秋天要多。
:
September’s my favourite month because the water is warmer then.(Q7)
九月是我最喜欢的月份,因为那会儿海水更暖和。(Q7)
WOMAN:
The only problem is that the kids are back to school then.
唯一的问题是,那会儿孩子们都开学了。
JACK:
I know. But one good thing about Irish summers is that it doesn’t get too hot.
我懂。不过爱尔兰夏天的好处就是不会太热。
:
The average temperature is about 19 degrees and it usually doesn’t go above 25 degrees.(Q8)
平均气温大概 19 摄氏度,通常不会超过 25 度。(Q8)
WOMAN:
That sounds alright. Now what about costs?
听起来挺舒服的。那费用方面呢?
JACK:
Surfing is a pretty cheap holiday really – the only cost is the hire of equipment.
冲浪度假其实挺省钱的,唯一的开销就是租赁装备。
:
You can expect to pay a daily rate of about 30 euros for the hire of a wetsuit and board – but you can save about 40 euros if you hire by the week.(Q9)
防寒冲浪服和冲浪板的日租金大概是 30 欧元,但如果按周租的话,能省下大概 40 欧元。(Q9)
WOMAN:
That’s not too bad.
这个价格还不错。
JACK:
No. It’s important to make sure you get good quality wetsuits – you’ll all get too cold if you don’t.
是啊。一定要选质量好的防寒冲浪服,不然你们肯定会冻得够呛。
:
And make sure you also get boots.
另外一定要记得租冲浪靴。
:
They keep your feet warm and it’s easier to surf with them on too.(Q10)
冲浪靴既能保暖,穿着它冲浪也会更轻松。(Q10)
WOMAN:
OK. Well, thanks very much …
好的。那太谢谢你了……